Thursday 13 December 2012

2012 Christmas Cards for the Grandkids

I wanted to make a Christmas card each for Olivia and Ethan:


This card for Ethan is a 4.25" square. I used a cute little wooden reindeer embellishment from my stash, and that striped sparkly paper? It is the center of the frames I used on THESE cards.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the 4" square white panel is embossed with a textured embossing folder and I tied a sheer red ribbon around it.

I found the CUTEST set of stamps (Stampendous) while visiting Arizona last month so used one of them on the envelope. I stamped the rectangle frame (Stamps By Judith) then the reindeer peeking over the top. He was coloured in with Copic markers and I wrote Ethan's name in the rectangle.


I used another wooden decoration for Olivia's card - hers is an A2 size. Both the white panel and the red areas of the label are embossed with a texture folder. The fancy label is a Stampin' Up die.





I used the same stamp set for her envelope, this time stamping a peeking elf over the rectangle stamp. It's a little boy elf, so I had to add some pigtails to make it a little girl.  :-)  Artistic liberty.



Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Karen- they will love it!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen