Monday 24 December 2012

Masculine Christmas Cards

It's Masculine Card Monday, and I have two cards to share today! Both are the larger, 6.5 x 5" size and were made from the bottom half of a 12x12" patterned paper with glossy accents.


The first card uses the left side of the patterned paper; the plaid strip, scalloped circle and deer are all part of the pattern and they are completely embossed and shiny. So pretty in real life!


 I cracked open my set of Stampin' Up rub-ons for the words. Love that they come in both brown AND white! I added a little bling to this card with tiny red self adhesive gems.



This 2nd card uses the right side of the patterned paper strip, with the plaid piece being the embossed & shiny element. I also used the Stampin' Up die snowflake die, cut from both kraft and white card stocks.


To give the snowflake a bit more substance, I layered it over a punched 5 petal flower in white (SU), and two punched circles. One light green gem sits at the center of the top snowflake.


Yay - two more cards to add to my box for next year's Christmas cards.

It's Christmas Eve, and I wanted to wish all of my blog friends and visitors a very Merry Christmas - or best wishes for however you celebrate this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!
    Dear Karen- I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen