Saturday 15 December 2012

Freshly Made Sketch #65

I am SO glad I got to play along with the Freshly Made sketch challenge this week - I think this has to be my new favourite sketch!  My time in the studio was limited this week, but I still managed to make THREE different cards using this sketch in less than 45 minutes. Insides and envelopes done too.  LOVE this sketch!

I am going to need a birthday card for my Brother-In-Law early next month, so the first card I did was for him.


The card base is 5 x 6.5" and is a soft grey colour. That center panel was just asking to be embossed, so I used a numbers embossing folder. 


 Love that little owl sticker ... the leaf stem is felt!


Above is a peek at the inside of the card.  

Now I know I should be saving this card for Masculine Card Monday, but I am going to be really busy on Monday and I didn't want to miss the deadline for the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge.

In addition - there is a new challenge blog that I hope to play along with as well -- called Seize The Birthday.  They won't be posting sketches until the New Year, but they ARE having a Linky kick off party.  I will add my link to this birthday card over there too.



Supplies:
Flag dies - MFT
White embossing powder
Happy Birthday Stamp - PTI
Circle Punch - SU
Stampin' Up Dimensionals
everything else from my stash.

The other two cards I made with this great sketch will be posted another time - thanks for stopping by today! 

14 comments:

  1. nice cards and the words are great!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, such an adorable card Karen, love that owl and the embossing! Thanks for joining in our linky party at Seize the Birthday!!!
    Hugs,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful birthday card! I love the owl, the felt leaf and the embossing. The inside is equally fabulous and unique. Great job, Karen! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I love the subtle texture from the embossed panel - and that owl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...I love that owlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only is the outside fantastic, Karen, but this inside is too! Great masculine birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just precious! Love the little owl and yes, that sketch is good for so many different kinds of cards.
    Glad joining our Linky party!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am saving this idea! So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love the cute owl :)

    So glad you joined us for our first link party on Seize the Birthday.
    Looking forward to seeing you for our first challenge in Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That owl is ADORABLE! And the texture added with the dimension & embossing & felt...yep, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great birthday card Karen! I love the embossed background and that owl is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Love the embossing. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card Karen, I love your adorable little owl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen