Saturday 8 December 2012

Card for Merry Monday Sketch #42

I took some time the other day to play in my studio. I loved the sketch #42 from the Merry Monday challenge at Always Playing With Paper, but didn't have a chance to play along the week it was offered. Their latest challenge is a 2 week one, and you can choose any past sketch. I figured with two weeks lead time I would be able to finally use this sketch!


Since I don't need any more holiday cards for this year, these are my first cards for Christmas 2013!!


The paper strips were cut from mostly scraps although I did have to cut into a full red glittery 12x12 sheet from the paper stack. I also got to use my new MFT flag dies - which I'm LOVING!


You can see all the glitter on these papers - so fun and cheerful! Both cards are nearly identical, I was using items that I had laying on my stamping area so those are the main differences. There was one little bird die cut (SU) sitting there so I used it on the card above. There was also a circle from the same paper stack - the inside of a wine bottle tag that I've cut and am waiting to decorate - so I used it for the 2nd card.


The snowflakes were die cut with MFT dies, and that great word stamp is from them also!  I matted the word strip with the same red sparkly paper as the paper flag. It's popped up on the 2nd card, but attached right to the paper flag panel on the first card.

Thanks for stopping by today!


6 comments:

  1. you use wonderful papers ! Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful, so envious that you have the fishtail stacks from MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty papers, Karen! Amazing cards from scraps! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Hope to see you back again in January! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a most wonderful card :), love the sentiment and great papers. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas card Karen, I like all the bling on your DSP. Thanks for joining us for our last challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee you've already started on 2013? You're amazing Karen! These cards are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen