Tuesday 11 December 2012

Dynamic Duo's #32

This weeks challenge at the Dynamic Duo's blog is a monochromatic one ... my favourite!  And with the colours being PINK, I immediately thought of Valentine's Day and my Granddaughter.  :-) 


I am in love with the Tim Holtz Gingerbread Man die ... so decided to use it to make a Valentine gift tag. It's so cute I'm sure Master Tim would just choke at the way I used his die.  


Haha, I even used a Tim Holtz paper pack!  The tag was cut twice - once from patterned paper and once from white card stock. I inked the edges of the pink patterned one, added the white 'icing' (cuts with the gingerbread man) then stamped & coloured that cute little face (Peachy Keen).


The heart was cut from a different patterned paper in the same Tim Holtz stack using a Sizzix die, the edges were inked and I sewed a pink button on then attached a ribbon flower with a pop dot. The heart was attached to the Gingerbread Girl with foam tape.

In the photo below, you can see where I scored a line on the white die cut. I added adhesive above the score line, then attached the two together. This allows the tag to be opened for a message inside AND it stands up on it's own!


Since I had the white crochet cotton out anyhow (for stitching on the button) I did a crochet chain to add to the punched hole for hanging


Now that there is a baby brother in the picture I wanted to make a little boy tag as well...


He is made the same way, only I stitched a button to the heart using (SU) narrow ribbon. I used the same ribbon threaded through a punched hole for hanging.


I am still completely in Christmas mode ... so it was a challenge to switch gears and think Valentine's. The trick is going to be to keep these in a place where I will find them come February!


Thanks for stopping by today.



4 comments:

  1. such a nice couple of ginderbread figures- like them!!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Karen - your pink & blue gingerbread men are SO cute! Your grandkids will love them :o) So glad to have you join us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is super cute!! Mr Tim will be proud of you ;-))
    Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gingers are adorable, love them. Thanks for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen