Monday 14 December 2015

Karen Burniston December 2015 Designer Challenge

Good morning friends

Today's share is my first card for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge: Home for the Holidays - Let's see how you can interpret the phrase. Use the House, Holiday House or Barn (or are you making a tree house?) or some sort of "home" on a Holiday card.

Now that we live in the country and the family will all be joining us here for Christmas. I wanted a card that would make me think of our home surrounded by trees, soft and beautiful in the winter snow.

Here is the outside of my card. It's a large card, 8-1/2 x 4-1/2". One of the reasons I purchased the Crossover machine is that I have the option of making larger cards. Alternatively you could easily pieced this card if you have a smaller machine like the Big Shot.

I used 85# Soft Finish Card Stock, and for the first time I didn't use my PanPastels with it - I lightly inked the edges of the die cuts with dye ink and a sponge.

The front has 3 trees, which were actually leftover pieces from the expanding trees inside. The green centre tree was from a different expanding Christmas Tree Pop Stand card that I haven't shared on my blog yet and it was stamped with the coordinating word stamp from Karen Burniston's Merry & Bright Clear Stamps.




Here is the inside. I have to say, I'm really REALLY liking the Christmas Trees Pop Stand die set ... those expanding trees are SO effective and sure to get lots of WOW's when this seemingly flat card is opened up. I included a house in the centre to represent our home. 



Unfortunately the light was not good so it's hard to see in the photo - but the back wall of the card was die cut into a mountain range shape using the Western Edges and lightly inked with blue. The outer front panel is the full width of the card so the mountain piece is attached to that.



I think this card would be quite dramatic done in bright colours, but for this one I wanted it nice and soft looking. I did add a tiny bit of shimmer by outlining the stitched on the stamped label with a Stardust gel pen.




Be sure to check out the rest of the Designer Challenge team, their blogs are linked on the right.

Supplies:
Christmas Trese Pop Stand, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Holiday House Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Western Edges Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Katie Label Accordion (Stitched Label) Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Soft Finish Card Stock, 85# - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Desisgns
Clear Double Sided Adhesive (6")
Clear Double Sided Adhesive (1/8")
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Crossover - Cheery Lynn Designs


Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen