Wednesday 2 December 2015

Hello Rudy Christmas Card

Good morning friends

I have a colourful Christmas card to share today, using a whole bunch of Pop it Ups dies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used white and black card stock only, adding colour with PanPastels.

The Hello is by Suzanne Cannon, her 'A Way With Words' calligraphy dies for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used the Western Edges for the mountains, and the Outdoor Edges for the trees. The Snowflakes come from the All Season's Tree.


Inside Rudy the Reindeer is on the Pop-Up platform, sporting a wreath around his neck. Each of the inner edges are inlaid together ... it wasn't difficult but did require planning.



I added stamping, a tag and an embossed tree to finish off the card.


Below is a side view so you can see my inlaid panels and the Pop-Up portion a little better.


I had so much fun playing with the PanPastels (which were new to me at the time) and making this holiday card.

Supplies:
Western Edges (mountains), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Outdoor Edges (trees), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Beach Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Lotsa Pops, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Rudy the Reindeer, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Evergreen Pivot (tree), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Tags Pivot (tag), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Sleigh Gift Pop-Up Gift Card Holder (snowflakes), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
All Seasons Tree (snowflakes), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
MISTI
Bakers Twine
Glossy Accents
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Tape - 1/8" and 6" roll
Black card stock
PanPastels
Hairspray (to set pastels)

Thanks for stopping by today


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love your purple mountains

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pop up cards!

    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love this card so much. I have a passion for Christmas cards that are not so much the "traditional" colors. They're always the one's that stick out to me and I like to make. I'm working on one right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen