Sunday 27 December 2015

Christmas Tree Pop Stand

Good morning friends

Even though the Christmas is over, I have a few more cards to share and I don't want to be hanging onto the photos until next year. I was having so much fun with the Christmas Trees Pop Stand by Karen Burniston, that I just HAD to make a couple of cards with it. In fact, since I work on holiday cards throughout the year, I often make some Christmas cards right after Christmas while I'm still in the holiday spirit!

Unfortunately, the patterned paper cracked on the spine, so I couldn't make it a single layer card as I'd intended. Instead I added a decorative panel to the front and back, after using Scotch Tape to keep the spine from cracking more and pulling apart.

Here is the front of the card. The green tree die cut is the interior shape that comes out from the largest  tree for the Pop Stand. I cut a separate star and trunk, and also added a glitter border Peel-Off sticker for some shimmer and shine.


Here is the top view of the card when it is fully opened.


The little scroll comes from the Merry Christmas Pop Up card as do the words Merry Christmas. The Scalloped Border is one of Karen Burniston's newest dies, being released at CHA and shipping next month. It is in the Pull Card Edges set - and those scallops are the perfect size and shape of the notches on all the Pull Cards. Love that.


The stamp is from the Merry & Bright clear stamp set, and the white snow border is the negative image from the beach edges which were on a different card.


I am in love with those expanding trees! This one was decorated with glitter line Peel-Off's for some holiday sparkle.



There was a tiny bit of patterned paper leftover from this holiday paper stack and I used it to make a few tags. I was so happy to have used up that entire paper stack!!!

Supplies:
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Christmas Trees Pop Stand, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Clock & Gears (Circle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Pull Card Edges (Border), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) SHIPPING IN JANUARY 2016
White card stock
Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Beach Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold card stock
Clear Double Sided Adhesive, both 2-1/2 and 6" Width - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Merry Christmas Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Red Card stock
Stickles

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful card! You have so much and nice dies!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. another fabulous pop stand card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen