Monday 13 October 2014

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, October 2014

Good morning friends - and welcome to Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge for October.  This month the challenge is 'Make it Manly'.  I really enjoy making masculine cards - this is one I made for our son's birthday.


I took artistic license colouring the motorcycle Peel-Off, which was applied to water colour paper then coloured with Tombow Markers.  The little Kraft star on the hand cut banner is one of the leftover bits from the star border which you can see inside the card.


I have no idea where I got this roadway Washi Tape from - but I am having fun with it.


Inside the card, I used Karen Burniston's BRAND NEW Happy Birthday Pop Up die!


To make the words stand out a little more, I outlined them with a fine point brown marker, and added a white rectangle behind the words. (White rectangle cut to 3-1/4 x 2-1/8").  It slid nicely in behind the words, above the platform and below the top 'lid'.


I used the Lorna Label dies for the labels on the inside front, and the Outdoor Edges to create the wavy border.




Make sure to check back tomorrow for my 2nd card for the challenge, and also check out the rest of the Designer Challenge Team to see what they've come up with. Karen Burniston will be posting her take on the challenge on Wednesday October 15th, on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog so you won't want to miss that!

Supplies (Elizabeth Craft Designs products are linked)
947 Happy Birthday Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
915 Lorna Label Pop Up (Labels), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
914 Outdoor Edges (Border), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
1009 Cards, Planes & Motor (Motorcycle) Peel-Off - Elizabeth Craft Designs
WP903 Water Colour Paper - Elizabeath Craft Designs
Patterned paper - Carta Bella
Tombow Markers
Copic Markers
Brown fine tip marker - LePen (Marvy)
Road strip wash tape - unknown
Birthday words - MFT
Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today.




4 comments:

  1. Great card Karen! I need a fine point marker now just so I can try outlining die cuts too - love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect for a man
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool male card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this Karen...so Perfect!! that Happy Birthday Pop It up is so Fun....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen