Saturday 11 October 2014

C4C 257 - Halloween Treats

Good morning friends.

It's Saturday, so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our October Hostess is Jessie Rone, and she LOVES Halloween. She challenged us to create Halloween Treat Holders.  The Guest Designer this month is Roxie Glaza.

Normally I'd be all over this challenge, but this year - with our 3 year old Granddaughter's heartbreaking diagnosis of Pulmonary Hypertension - MY heart just wasn't really in it. But I took the challenge as an opportunity to make a little treat holder for Olivia and one for Ethan. Zachary at 6 months isn't eating treats yet, and neither is 4 week old Ilai.


I started with textured card stock cut at 3-1/2 x 8-1.2".  Using the new Elizabeth Craft Designs "Tags and More' dies, I cut the top end of each strip with a different shape. I cut a backing piece for each tag out of contrasting card stock cut at 3-1/2 x 2-1/2".

I added the coordinating 'window' die to each tag and ran them through my die cutter again creating the openings which I then attached the smaller pieces to at the back.


I added a couple of score lines and attached the bottom edge below the decorative openings with this little bookplate die which comes with the Tags and More (Deco) set. If I had any idea which box my brads were in, I would have unpacked it and added brads. Hopefully soon they will be found. The movers stacked all those boxes in our garage, but it's hard to see what is in those boxes in the middle.


These treat holders aren't too fancy, because - let's face it - they will be torn apart within seconds to access the treats inside. But I had fun making them and the Grandkids will be excited to get them.

The Crazies would love to see what you come up with for the challenge, and be sure to check out the Design Team (linked on the right of my blog) to see their spooky creations. Please use C4C257 in the keywords if you upload to an on-line gallery.

Supplies:
Tags and More - Lace
Tags and More - Deco
Textured card stock - Recollections
Halloween stickers - my stash
Bakers Twine


Thanks for stopping by today

6 comments:

  1. very nice Halloween gift

    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fabulous sweets packaging you have made....a treat for the eyes and the sweet toooth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright, colorful and fun, great job with the treat containers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect... they will love these!!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen