Friday 31 October 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs October 2014 Designer Challenge

Good morning friends.

It's Designer Challenge time at Elizabeth Craft Designs, and this month the Design Team was challenged to use the new 'Tags & More' tag dies for our project.  You will want to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog (Click HERE) and see what everyone has come up with - these tags are SO versatile and everyone is having a lot of fun with them.  The dies cut just the top edge, so you can make your tag as long as you wish but they are good for more than just tags.

For my first project, I made a holiday Wine Bottle Hanger!


I cut two pieces of white card stock 3-1/2" wide and 8-1/2" long.  I held them together as one, and scored across one edge - the top edge - at 3".  Then I cut the rounded top using Tags & More Leaves. I used a circle die from the Circle Accordion set to cut the opening for the neck of the bottle, which conveniently got rid of the tag hole.


Still holding both tags as one, I trimmed the side edges even then used the Tags & More Lacy to cut the bottom edge, then the lacy insert at the bottom edge and again below the score line. I also cut a 3-1/8 x 2-3/4"  piece of green Shimmer Sheetz with the Tags & More Lacy die using a Metal Shim for a clean cut.


I added another scrap of green Shimmer Sheetz and the die cut one to the inside of one of the Wine Bottle Tags, then adhered the top one which sandwiches the Shimmer Sheetz between the two white bases.


I decorated the front and around the neck with Glitter Dots, and added a gold Peel Off Holly to a scrap of the green Shimmer Sheetz then fussy cut it out.

The gold Peel Off ornament was added to double sided adhesive and I burnished in red Silk Microfine Glitter before fussy cutting it out.  Then I added some Glitter Dots and popped it up on the Wine Bottle Tag.




As you can see in the photo, I added the tag to a bottle of gourmet Olive Oil instead of a bottle of wine - which would make a lovely hostess gift for the holidays!



For my second project, I used the Tags & More Leaves to create a gift card holder. I cut a piece of decorator paper 3-1/4 x 9-1/2", and scored down the short side at 5-1/2 and 8-1/2". You fold the tag at the 5-1/2 mark, then turn down the remaining piece at the score line creating a pocket with a flap.

I attached the sides together with white glue and set it aside to dry.


I added a strip of coordinating red patterned paper and a die cut Word Stand-Up Helper. It looks like it is wavy or wobbly, but it's actually the pattern in the paper.

I added another piece of coordinating paper to the front of a white paper gift sack, and tied the gift card holder onto the bag with heavy twine.  This was for our son's birthday, so I wanted something masculine.


Supplies for Wine Bottle Tag:
953 Tags & More 3 - Leaves, Elizabeth Craft Designs
951 Tags & More 1 - Lace, Elizabeth Craft Designs
2573 Christmas Ornaments Round Peel Off's in Gold, Elizabeth Craft Designs
SS0213 Green Metallic Shimmer Sheetz, Elizabeth Craft Designs
7018 Glitter Dots, Red - Elizabeth Craft Designs
614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter, Elizabeth Craft Designs
769 Circle Accordion, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs (for Circle)
White card stock

Supplies for Gift Card Holder/Tag
Patterned paper - K & Co
Tags & More 3 Leaves, Elizabeth Craft Designs
937 Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper, Elizabeth Craft Designs
White paper gift bag
Twine



Thank you for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. both are wonderful

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun use of the tags and more die, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects, Karen! So very creative with wonderful inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these tags so creative TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen