Saturday 4 October 2014

C4C 256 - Colour Challenge Love Notes

Good morning friends

Our 3 year old Granddaughter is off bed rest, and was able to go down to the hospital play room. She was SO happy to play again!


Olivia and her parents will be coming home next week and I needed to make her a card. I NEEDED to do it. I also wanted to participate in the Crazy 4 Challenges colour challenge this week. So yesterday morning I poked around in a couple of boxes. Most are stacked and I can only look in the top ones as they are too heavy for me to lift down. But I found a paper stack with Halloween colours - I was happily surprised and got to work carving out a small area in the studio to make the card.


I can't figure out how to add the graphic, but the colours for the challenge are Orange, Purple and Apple Green.

I chose the Flip-It Framelits, because all the layering pieces are included and I was going for quick and easy.  I'm sure Olivia will enjoy flipping the card open over and over again.


I cut another scalloped panel and added it behind the purple one to add that pop of bright green.


Once I was finished Olivia's card, I realized that Ethan would feel left out if HE didn't also get a Love Note from Gramma.  So ... I made another Flip-It with the same colours.


I have a couple of Pop it Up Characters finished and in a little box, so I used Hoppy the Frog on Ethan's card. He will get such a kick out of it. If I could have found my Action Wobbles, Hoppy would be wobbling. Instead I used foam tape.


Just for fun I added a pair of eyeballs on the flip side.


Not to leave the baby out, Zachary gets a simple Love Note made using up scraps from the above two cards. His reaction to the last Love Note I mailed them was to lay on the floor with the card in both hands, rolling from side to side and talking away to it. It was pretty cute - Heather took a video for me. Wonder what he will say to a bright green Honey Bear?


Finally, here are all three cards together. I am happy that I was finally able to MAKE SOMETHING. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm getting more than a little antsy.  These are the first creations out of my new studio - another milestone. I'm going to poke around some more boxes this weekend and see if I can find some more supplies.


Please make sure to check out what the other Crazies came up with for this colour challenge by clicking HERE. Their creative cards are sure to inspire you.

Supplies for Card #1
Circle Flip-Its #2 - Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix
Textured card stock - Recollections
White card stock
Felt flower stickers - Michaels
796 Triple Leaf die - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Supplies for Card #2
Square Flip-Its #2 - Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix
Textured card stock - Recollections
E118 Spring Leaves Embossing Folder - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Lorna Label Pop Up (Speech Balloon) Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston, Elizabeth Craft Designs
909 Hoppy the Frog, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston, Elizabeth Craft Designs
910 Poppy the Owl (eyes), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston, Elizabeth Craft Designs

Supplies for Card #3
Textured card stock - Recollections
781 All Seasons Tree (Clouds), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston, Elizabeth Craft Designs
948 Honey the Bear,  Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston, Elizabeth Craft Designs


Thanks for stopping by today.


5 comments:

  1. So glad to see that Olivia is able to play again, being in bed is no fun for anyone let alone a 3 year old. Loving all your wonderful cards for this week's challenge, good to see you were able to stamp today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new cards are fabulous! Nice to see your granddaugther feeling better
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous and fun cards....she will love them

    so happy she will be home soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your granddaughter is doing better Karen. Your three cards look great too! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real pretty and cute cards, love the first one with the flowers and scallops and the frog and bear are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen