Wednesday 15 October 2014

Flowers and Scallops - a Birthday Card

Good morning friends.

Today's card share is the card I made for my Dad to give my Mom for her birthday. (I apparently hit PUBLISH instead of SAVE, so this is the edited version).


I finally had a chance to play with the Stampin' Up stamps and coordinating punches that I HAD to have when they came out in the catalogue. They are so pretty and I'm going to have a lot of fun with them.


A little glitter glue in the centres for birthday bling.  :-)


Inside, I used the new Lorna Label Pop Up - by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


To break up the turquoise, I cut the inner card with one of the Agatha Edges. Then I cut a white strip with the same edge and offset it from the turquoise patterned paper.  I added a couple of punched butterflies with some glitter glue added and decorated the inside with even more stamped/punched flowers.



Here is a peek at the card from the side, so you can see how the pattern from the outer card (the paper is double sided) peeks through the openings.



Supplies:
915 Lorna Label Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
782 Agatha Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Scalloped Frame - MFT
Stitched Journal Card - Lawn Fawn
Flower Shoppe stamps and matching Pansy Punch - Stampin' Up
Petite Petals stamps and matching punch - Stampin' Up
Words - MFT
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Ribbon bow - stash
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
Stickles


Card size:  4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. Love this card, those pop up flowers are really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pop up cards
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,this is a very beautiful card,I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen