Monday 20 October 2014

Foxy Thanksgiving Card

Good morning friends.

The past week has brought lots of progress in my studio.  I have been picking away at the boxes in the garage, and have a bin with handles that I bring out with me. If I find something in a box that MUST come into the studio, it goes into the bin and when it's full I bring it in and unpack it.  My tables and drawers have all been assembled and I'm afraid that even the MUST have stuff isn't all going to fit.

However - yesterday's haul included my brads and eyelets AND ink pads. Woot!

I have enough supplies unpacked that I've been able to make a few cards for upcoming challenges and blog posts!.

Yesterday, our eldest daughter and family came out for a visit. Then they all went for a walk with the dogs, leaving me home with our Olivia. We got lots of playtime and cuddling in and my heart is truly happy.

I had visited the Dollar Store this week and picked up a bunch of little gifts for Olivia. She will need her medicine pump swapped out every week and she is SO upset about it. It's something that will have to be done for the rest of her life, so we all want the experience to be as positive as it can be. Heather had the brilliant idea to create a Treasure Chest ... they were going to go home and paint and decorate a wooden mitten box I had, then fill it with the Treasures for her to choose something from. I was going to say that it's funny the things that make a 3 year old happy ... but who wouldn't love a Treasure Chest filled with things selected just for you!

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and I have a Thanksgiving card to share that I made for our Grandson Ethan (2).


Loving this 'Dutch the Fox'  character die set by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I cut him out of patterned paper, which is my favourite way to use all the Characters dies.


The green gingham is a fabric Washi Tape, a supply I'm really enjoying these days.  Ethan loves to dance to the song "What Does The Fox Say", so I penned that inside and added ... Happy Thanksgiving.

Supplies used:
Dutch the Fox, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
White card stock
Patterned paper and stickers - Doodlebug Designs
Stitched panel - MFT Blueprints #1
Green/white gingham Washi Tape - stash
Polka dot paper - Bo Bunny
Black card stock

Card size - standard A2 (4-1/4 x 5-1/2")

Thanks for stopping by today.



1 comment:

  1. Yay for unpacking your studio stuff! Loving your card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen