Sunday 13 March 2016

Foiled Egg Easter Cards

Good morning friends

I'm pretty excited about today's cards! It's no secret that I love Flip-its cards, and was happy to hear there was a new 5" x 7" Flip-Its on the market. But wait - with Karen Burnison's Z-fold Pull Cards, You not only get to choose where you want the centre shape to go on the fold, you get to choose the size of your card as well.

So if your cutting machine can handle a larger card, you can make a 5" x 7" Z-fold card using the Pop it Ups dies you already have!! Ha, there is no reason I haven't done this more often but now I'm HOOKED on making these larger cards. They just feel so substantial, not to mention that you get a lot more real estate for decorating. Note - you are going to need a larger machine to create a 5" x 7" card from most larger dies from any manufacturer.

For today's share I made a quick and easy 5" x 7" Rectangle Pull Easter Card using this beautiful foiled card stock. With the remaining piece I fussy cut some eggs for embellishments and also made two flat A2 cards.


Ta da ... with it's large size, the flip it interaction and beautiful foiled print - this card has a lot of WOW. Yet it took only minutes to make. Gotta love that.


I penned a greeting on a cream rectangle, punched two butterflies from a scrap and the card was done.


The two A2 cards are equally understated. I simply cut the panels using a Blueprints die and tied ribbons from my stash around the panel before adhering to the inside.


I have re-discovered heat embossing. Haven't done it in years and years but I dug out my heat-gun and purchased some basic embossing powders. I have no idea where my collection of powders is - haven't seen that bin since we moved, and the powder is over 20 years old anyhow.


The words inside the flat cards were gold embossed. So pretty!

Note - to create the 5 x 7" Pull Card, I used Karen Burniston's formula of adding 3" to the finished width of your folded card. I wanted a 5" wide card, 7" high. I cut my patterned card stock to 8" (5" for my finished folded size + the additional 3") x 7" for the height. Then I scored the 8 x 7" patterned card at 4" (in the centre), put the alignment nubs on that score line and ran the Rectangle Pull Card & card stock through my Big Shot Pro.

Supplies:
Rectangle Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - Kaiser Craft
Cream card stock
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Hand lettering

Card size - 5 x 7"



Flat card supplies:
Cream card stock
Patterned paper - Kaiser Craft
Blueprints #11 - My Favorite Things
Inside stamp - Stamps of Life
Embossing folder - Superfine Gold, Ranger
Ribbons - stash

Card size A2


Thanks for stopping by today


4 comments:

  1. I like flip cards too! Your version here is simply fresh and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that designer paper you used on this. Glad you are enjoying making 5 x 7 cards now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful papers and fantastic Eastercard!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it pops up, flips, or shakes, I love it! Oh and I have some embossing powder that is 20 years old but have some that I bought less than a year ago. Wonderful job.

    I also have a larger die cutting machine and it comes in handy. Mine is a AccuCut Baby GrandeMark with, not home made, BUT unorthodox mixing and matching to cut anything from wafer thin to the commercial dies it is supposed to cut.

    I don't know how big your bigger machine is but have you ever cut Spellbinders Expandable Pattern dies to make an entire 12x12 die cut? I love it! I'm having fun going through your blog and getting more ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen