Saturday 12 March 2016

C4C 327 Pi Day

Good morning friends 

It's Saturday, and that means there is a new challenge on the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our March Hostess is  Frances Byrne and the Guest Designer for March is Sandy Diller. Here is Frances' challenge:


Monday is Pi Day (π) which is an annual celebration which occurs every March 14th (3/14 in month/day format) Pi (Greek letter “π) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant  the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter  which is approximately 3.14159.  For our challenge this week let's create cards that feature circles and / or pies!

First of all, that entire paragraph sounds like greek to me. I am not a Math fan, so I decided to go with circles for my challenge card. I used a Circle Flip-Its card AND circles in the patterned paper. Then I came across a bonus sheet of stickers in my stash that had a pie slice sticker. Bingo! Since I don't make cards just to make a card, I had to have a reason to use a pie card. So here is my first Thanksgiving card of 2016. Ha!




I'm also using my new Circle Flip-Its card - it makes a 5 x 7 card!!! I have to say, I LOVE a finished card this size! Of course then I had to also try making a 5 x 7 card with the Spiral Circle Pull Card, by Karen Burniston and that worked like a charm. (I'll share that card another day.) For now, here is my 5x7 pie challenge card.

I added some pen work to the inside circle, with Stickles and Copics.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C325.


Supplies:

Circle Flip-It's ( 5 x 7") - The Stamps of Life
Patterned paper - The Paper Studio
Stickers - Chicaniddy Crafts
White card stock
Stickles
Copics

Card size 5 x 7"


Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

  1. no maths fan here either LOL ... but I do like Pie!!!! Glad the challenge inspired you to make an early Thanksgiving card. Look forward to seeing your 5 x 7 Circle Spiral card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting card
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen