Saturday 5 March 2016

C4C326 -Umbrella HCPT

Good morning friends

It's Saturday, and that means a new challenge on the Crazy4Challenges Blog.


Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our hostess which is Frances Byrne. Our Guest Designer for March is Sandy Diller, I am sure you will enjoy seeing her creations this month.


Did you know that March was National Umbrella Month. This marvelous invention which helps prevent us from getting wet on those rainy days or can keep us sheltered from that sun was invented over four thousand years ago … wow!  Let's celebrate the umbrella this week by including one on our cards this week … it could be an umbrella to stop the rain, parasol or beach umbrella. 

I am not crazy about the colours on my card - but I guess that happens sometimes. I didn't know whether to throw it in the trash or keep going, so I went going. I used the Hanging Charm Pull Tab card by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, and and some rain themed paper from my stash. Here is the card in the closed position, ready to pop in the envelope.



I clear embossed the umbrella for a realistic look.



When you pull on the tab, the framed umbrella slides up and reveals the message underneath.




Since this card (6 x 4-1/2") is a flat postcard type card, I like to decorate the back as well. 



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C326.

Supplies:
White card stock
Patterned paper - stash
Umbrella (fussy cut) - The Stamps of Life
Hanging Charm Pull Tab, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Clear embossing powder
Coloured pencils
Blueprints #18 - My Favorite Things
1125 - Ropes, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bakers Twine

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"



Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. so glad you didn't throw it :) .. perfect paper to go with the umbrella. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice card Karen
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every detail on this one.....wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you clear embossed the umbrella to look wet! I have several umbrella dies and a stamp set with similar sentiments. This is going in my "to do" file! :) Such a nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen