Monday 1 August 2016

Ravens Halloween Twist Card (NEW RELEASE dies!!)

Good morning friends

Today is the day we can finally share our samples using Karen Burniston's latest release for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  There is a Halloween Collection AND an Occasions Collection - and my card share today uses both.

The whole card was inspired by a small leftover piece of Raven printed patterned paper and I was able to use it all up on this card. Warning - this is a photo-heavy post. I want to show so much with the new dies!

Here is the card front, in a simple black and cream colour scheme. The new Iron Fence Pop-Up is pretty darned cool - and it also works perfectly on a flat card as well. I've used it in black here for my Halloween card, but it can work for all seasons too. LOVE that twisty branch and the ravens! I love ravens so I was pretty pleased to see two with the Iron Fence Pop-Up.


Ok - now lets open the card ... see the decorated circle?


As you open the card, the circle twists and pops up!


Ta Daaaaaa. How cool is this new die?  It's the Twist Circle Pop-Up, another totally generic Pop-Up that you can use for all kinds of themes, occasions and holidays. 


There is also some new Clear Stamps ... so fun to have a Halloween Greeting, instead of only a Happy Halloween. For the raven on the circle - I added Wink of Stella for some Halloween shimmer.


The right side of the card shows that same branch on the front, this time as a spooky tree.


The left side shows another die from the Halloween Scene set ... the graveyard. Oh, I just LOVE that one. It looks awesome across the front of a card but here I cut it to work with that raven print paper.


You don't see this unless you tip the card forward, but just for fun I decorated the top of the Twist Circle animation with a stamped and die cut bat. The stamp is in the Halloween clear stamps and the included die in the newest character Midnight the Bat works to cut it out leaving a slight border.


Since the Designer Challenge Team can now share their projects using these new dies - be sure to keep an eye on their blogs. They are linked on the right. I'll also be back this week with more cards using the new dies ... because I simply cannot stop using them.

Supplies:
Cream card stock - Hobby Lobby
Twist Circle Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - Recollections
Halloween Scene, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Black linen card stock
Iron Fence, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Halloween clear stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) COMING SOON
Wink of Stella
Black Sharpie

Card size - 5-1/4 x 5-1/2"


Thanks for stopping by today


3 comments:

  1. A Spooktacular Halloween Card to start my day! WoW !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic! you have so much dies ! I am sad that I am nor able to order in englisch in USA or your coutry such wonderful things

    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you and I using this die set a lot in the future :) ... Love your Halloween card you created here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen