Wednesday 10 August 2016

Love Bats, a Pop-Up Card (NEW RELEASE)

Good morning friends

I am so happy to share today's card with you. It's been made for almost a month, in fact - it went to the Trade Show with Els in July to showcase some of Karen Burniston's NEW RELEASE which should be shipping mid-August. The front has the spooky branch and stamped greeting, and look at those cute little bats! The small bat image is on the Halloween Clear Stamps, and Midnight the Bat (the latest Character die) comes with a small bat die that perfectly cuts out the stamped bat leaving a narrow white border.

LOVE that 'spooky' branch - it's so fun!



Here is the inside, using Midnight the Bat, Soft Finish Card Stock and the new Anita Frames Pop-Up. I have to say, this is one cool Pop-up. It's completely generic and can be used for any theme or occasion.

When we get the sample dies, there is no packaging.  I took some scrap card stock to cut the Anita Frames the first time, and looked at all those cuts and score lines and thought ... oh my. Then, simply by looking at the card sample Karen Burniston had for the Designer Challenge team, I figured it out. Karen B then filmed a video and honestly DO NOT be intimidated. It is easy peasy but what a WOW factor. After the first time I folded it on that scrap card stock - correctly, it didn't even phase me for subsequent cards. Easy Peasy I tell you.


And how CUTE is Midnight the bat? The Designer Challenge team is pretty much in love with Midnight.

I had seen something on Pinterest last year, that said "I love you to the Moon and Bat".  So glad I remembered that phrase as it worked perfectly to hand letter with my Midnight Bat couple.


Now here are just some different views of the card ...




I was SO happy with how this card turned out - it's one of my favourite makes.

Supplies:
Midnight the Bat, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Charcoal Stardream
Soft Finish Card Stock in Perfect Purple, White, Lavender, Silver Grey and Perfect Pink - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Clear Double Sided Adhesive, 2-1/2" width - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine point tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White card stock
Anita Frames Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Halloween Scene, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Labels and Circles (small circle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Copics
Poppy the Owl (small heart), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Twist Circle (circles on front), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Halloween clear stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Wink of Stella

Card size - 5 x 6"


Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. such a fun Halloween card, love the bats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Karen. Can't wait to have my ve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is perfect. The bats, the trees, the sentiments, the new dies, I need (want) them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is perfect for Halloween!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen