Saturday 6 August 2016

C4C 348 Baseball Card (NEW RELEASE)

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and a new month so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog.  and a new hostess! Our August 2016 hostess is Jessie and our Guest Designer is Danielle Vincent and Alexis Crossland-Smith . Yes, we are happy to have TWO Guest Designers with us this month. Even more inspiration for you!

Here is Jessie's challenge this week: 

My first challenge is an OLYMPICS challenge!! This year the Summer Olympics are in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...and other than really making me want to go on vacation, it always makes me feel a little patriotic, I don't know about you?!! Oh, and I ADORE the logo for this years events!!


My challenge is to make a card either inspired by the Olympics colors: the red, blue, black, green, and yellow, or you can make a sports related card!!
Just have fun with it!!

My challenge card uses the Twist Circle Pop-Up, one of the NEW dies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. So far I've shown a Halloween card, a Christmas card and here is a masculine Baseball themed card using the same die. Love that they are completely generic and can be used in so many ways.

Our nephew loves baseball, in fact went to college on a ball scholarship. So when the new release also included Sports Charms ... I knew what I wanted to do for his birthday card.  Here is a peek at the front of the card ...


See that cute little baseball? I added some red to the embossed stitches with a fine point marker, then popped it up on the circle charm with some foam tape.


When you start to open the card, you get a glimpse of a sideways larger baseball.


And when the card is opened all the way, the baseball twists and pops up in the centre of the card.


To make the baseball, I die cut a circle, then moved the edge of the die over and cut the circle into two pieces. They were mounted onto a black circle base with pen stitching. I have a chevron border die, which I cut from red card stock then used the pieces to add to the baseball for additional stitching.


Since we needed a place to sign the card, I added another baseball to a stitched rectangle. I could have left it plain, but I love that little baseball from the Sports Charms!


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C348.

Supplies:
Circle Accordion (baseball for circle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Twist Circle Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - Shipping mid-August
White card stock
Black card stock
Chevron die - We R Memory Keepers
Red crd stock
Clear double sided adhesive, 6" width and 1/8" width - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black fine point pen
Patterned paper - Carta Bella
Birthday stamp - Papertrey Ink
Alpha Caps 1 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bakers Twine
Fun foam
Sports Charms, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - Shipping mid-August
Red Staedtler Fine Point Marker

Card size - 5 x 6"


Thanks for stopping by today

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

5 comments:

  1. an interesting card with wonderful papers
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen,
    Could you share how did you make the baseball pop out in the middle of the card without being bent? Thanks a LOT!!
    Li-Ming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I'm not sure what you mean. I used a die set that pop's a full (not bent) circle from the centre. I'll give you a link to that die set: http://karenburniston.com/snowman-twist-circle-die-set/ Hope that helps

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen, now i understand! Sorry for the confusion, i didn't know a die set is needed. In my eagerness to find out how to make a pop out card, i forgot to mention that you're really creative!!! Thanks for sharing your ideas too. God bless you:))!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen