Tuesday 30 August 2016

Get Well Pop-Up Card (NEW RELEASE)

Good morning friends

We went to Arizona for a few days last month and I wanted to bring a neighbour a Get Well Card. She was recovering from her 51st surgery!! Since I'd just received Karen Burniston's NEW RELEASE dies, I pulled out the Anita Frames and some patterned paper.

When I finished the card, I thought I'd leave the front blank to show the pattern but in the end I added a stitched label from the Labels and Circles set, then hand lettered her name on the front. I didn't take another photo of the front though.


This Anita Frames Pop-Up just never ceases to amaze. I don't have a lot of supplies in Arizona, but the card still turned out great. And I finally got to use the crown that comes with the set! I cut away the crown from the inner patterned paper allowing the white backing card to show through, then adhered one of the cut-out crowns on the left side of the pop out frame.




On a personal note, we are almost at the end of the packing. We rented out our cabin and had only 3 weeks to pack up a 3000 sq ft house. I have boxes of stuff all over our house, upstairs and down, but the pressure will be off and I can pick away at the boxes here in the next little while.

I had a small craft area at our cabin, which didn't sound too bad but I already downsized a LOT when we moved here and there is not an extra square inch of space in my craft room. I've been trying to stuff the items that I had out there into my craft room and came across dozens (DOZENS!!) of 'cards in progress'. I guess I kept bringing them out there to finish but never did. I'm going to have to start working on them to whittle down that pile, and of course figure out how to make them into Pop-Up cards if possible.

Supplies:
Anita Frames, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Agatha Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - Basic Grey
General Sentiments - Joset, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine point marker
Prismacolor Pencils

Card size - A2


Thanks for stopping by today


3 comments:

  1. I can see why you were wanting to leave the front of the card blank that paper is so pretty. I am sure this card put a smile on your neighbours face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this paper ist beautiful- like your card
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love how you created this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen