Wednesday 3 August 2016

Halloween Pull Tab Card (NEW RELEASE)

Good morning friends

In Karen Burniston's NEW Halloween Collection, there is a set of Halloween Charms. They work for lots of embellishing simply by trimming off the hang hole - but with the hang hole they are perfect for the Hanging Charm Pull Tab. Which is how I've used it for this card.


To decorate the black frame, I added some metallic pen doodles, and two corners have three layers of the bat from the Halloween Scene stacked then brushed with a Wink of Stella. The spider has a penned string and is also 3 layers high with Wink of Stella and green metallic eyes.

I stamped the word PULL on the tag from the Steam Punk Clear Stamps and coloured it with markers, and after the pumpkin was assembled I used a metallic gel pen inside the face openings and on the stem.


When the tab is pulled, the little charm dangles in the centre of the frame and the greeting (hand lettered) is revealed. The photo below gives you a better look at the layered bats and spider.



Because I make these as flat, post card type cards I also decorate the back a little. (Note, I signed my name as this card went to Els for a Trade Show and there wasn't room for one of my 'handmade by labels')


The spider was die cut from the cream panel, then backed with the black one. It's subtle, but I like the depth this gives. I penned green eyes on this spider too.



Supplies:
Hanging Charm Pull Tab, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - shipping mid-August
Dotted Scallop Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cream card stock - Hobby Lobby
Patterned paper - Recollections
Clear Double Sided Adhesive, 1/8" width - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Metallic Pens - Bic and Sakura
Black card stock
Halloween Scene, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - Shipping mid-August
Fine point tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Wink of Stella
Steampunk Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Halloween Charms, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - Shipping mid-August
Copics
Seam Binding
Bakers Twine

Card size - 4-1/2 x 5-3/4"


Thanks for stopping by today




2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen