Tuesday 10 January 2012

There's Going To Be A Wedding!!!

Not just a wedding, but a wedding in a month.  Our daughter and her  new fiance don't want to spend a year planning and thinking about a wedding - they'd rather be married for that year. So - that's one month to put together a full wedding for 50 people, and after starting our plans yesterday morning we are well on our way. However, I am going to put pretty much anything non-wedding related aside for now. I will pop into the blog to post things every once in a while as time allows, but if you don't see me it's just because I'm a little busy. Just a little.

Meanwhile, since it was done - here is my card for the Less Is More challenge this week, which is to use the colour PURPLE on your CAS card. While the colour looks fairly pink in these pictures - it really IS purple.


This is a larger card, 5 x 6.5".  The purple patterned paper was in my scrap bin and I thought it would be a good time to use it.


I used my Nesties label dies to cut the fancy labels, and the word is by MFT - stamped in eggplant dye ink. The butterfly punches are by Martha Stewart and since there was already lots of foam tape I didn't want to add gems to the butterfly. Instead I added dots with my Sakura gel pen and it shimmers and shines in the light.

Thanks for stopping by today - wish me luck with the planning and creating!

5 comments:

  1. very elagant card
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting Karen, your going to be super busy I can tell!
    I'm sure it'll be a wonderful day and I assume you'll be crafting your socks of for the day too :)
    Gorgeous purple card and love the sentiment too.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's surprising how many purple scraps have seen the light of day this week Karen.... not a lot of white space left, but a fab card.
    Good luck with all your wedding preparations, what fun you'll have! It will all get done in time and you'll have a ball!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful wedding! What a pretty card. I really like the double butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, so pretty! Good luck with the wedding and hope all your daughter's dreams come true hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen