Saturday 7 January 2012

Sending a Smile Sketch Card

The new sketch (FTL172) is up at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog, and I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it. Gotta love it when that happens.  :-)


Below is the sketch - you can see I stayed fairly close to it this time, although my circle is larger and the sentiment placed differently. I didn't want to make a VALENTINE card with my new heart punch, or a Thinking Of You ... so I had to pick through my sentiment stamp to find one that made me happy.


I also used lots of foam tape (who, ME?) and am happy with how it turned out. It was a very quick and easy card, as everything went together ticketyboo.   Such a fun sketch, I have more ideas to use it than time.



The heart punch was in the Stampin' Up Clearance Rack Blitz and I am so glad to have it. I've had my eye on it since it was released, but your total can add up pretty fast when you are adding punches to it.  Anyhow, I rarely use the negative piece so that was fun to do with this card.

More Supplies:
Nestabilities dies for the circles and rectangles.
Dotted Paper by Prima
Baja Breeze card stock by Stampin' Up, as is the heart punch.
Word stamp by Hero Arts
Aqua Mist ribbon by Papertrey Ink
oh, and I also used foam tape.  ;-)

We had VERY exciting news yesterday evening- our middle daughter got engaged! We don't know too many details other than it was a surprise, he asked and she said yes. And he had picked out a lovely ring -- all on his own.  They are in the mountains on a ski trip which she gave him for Christmas, but they will stop by our cabin later today so we can congratulate them in person (and see the ring).

If I had known about the engagement before I made this card, I would have added CONGRATULATIONS instead of 'sending a smile' and popped it in the mail to them.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. wow- thats nice
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,love the colours.
    Lovely news ,congratulations to your daughter and her fiance.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch Karen and the raised punched panel is a brilliant feature...thats a cool punch :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a sweet card. The colour combinations are so sweet. Love the polka dot background and the heart shape raised punch paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card , it's simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen