Sunday 1 January 2012

Tall Narrow Card

Today's share has a stamped sentiment on the front that is a good thing for me to keep in mind as we start into a brand new year. If you remember, I love quote stamps. Since one of my New Years resolutions is to STAMP MORE - I thought this card from my 'unpublished blog cards' folder would be a good one to start 2012. 


All papers by K&Co**, and I used Nesties to cut out the labels. Edges were inked and then everything was attached to a 4x9" card made from kraft card stock. I have some lovely linen business envelopes that work perfectly for this size of card, and I like that it's a change from the standard A2. In fact, another one of my resolutions is to make more NON-A2 cards this year. 


I lightly smeared some glitter glue on the birds breast - just enough to catch the light a little when the card is turned.

** I have so many paper stacks - most of them by K&Co - that another one of my resolutions is to not buy any more papers until I have used at least HALF of what I have in the studio now. Last year I only had one resolution and that was to STOP HOARDING my stash and enjoy using it. Well I certainly did that, but managed to accumulate an embarrassing amount of new stash as well. It would appear I just can't pass up a pretty stack of papers or embellishments that are on sale so I'm thinking I'd better avoid the shops for a few months.

So there you have it ... 3 of my New Years Resolutions for 2012 AND a pretty card.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. you made a very nice card! Stamp more please- it is looking great!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy year Karen,
    I just found your blog thanks for your comment regarding my tag,
    I really enjoyed looking at all your work,your style is one I enjoy seeing.
    I have almost the same resolutions for this year,adding another---down size my Christmas decorations. I have way too many!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and that dp is sobeautiful! I have the same sentiment and you have inspired me to bring it out again!
    Thanks for becoming a follower!
    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen