Monday 2 January 2012

Masculine Square Card

It's Monday and I have a masculine card to share today ... maybe I should start doing 'Masculine Card Monday'? Well maybe not EVERY Monday, but it might be a fun goal for some Monday's.


I saw a similar card in one of my (many) stamping magazines and I thought it would be perfect for some striped patterned paper and a square card.


The sparkly striped paper is from a Christmas paper stack and I since I am still on a kraft card stock kick I continued with it for this large 6" card.


The dies are by My Favourite Things,  and I cut the pieces out of scraps from my bin. The green layer was stamped with a Stampin' Up grid background and the edges of each of the labels were inked with brown ink. I clear embossed the words as well.

I used my Score Pal to emboss a straight line above and below the striped paper but it still seemed to need something. A small punched kraft star seemed to finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. it looks great!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Karen.Love this card and think it would be a great idea to have 'Masculine Mondays'.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Happy New Year to you, sorry I haven't visited for days, I took a break from blogging!
    A masculine spot would be great and this is a brilliant card to start with...love the glittery stripes :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen