Thursday 5 January 2012

Just One Word ... challenge card

The latest challenge at "Less Is More" is a 2 week challenge which started on December 24th. The challenge is to create a Clean And Simple card with the sentiment on the front using only ONE WORD.  I decided to supersize my one word (ENJOY) and make it the focal point of my card!


This was kind of an intriguing challenge as I could think of all kinds of words to use. However, I had to narrow it down and thought this would make a fun gift card holder for my stash.  I cut the word ENJOY from the Graphically Speaking Cricut cartridge,  twice at 4.25" from white card stock.


  The card is 5.25" square (to fit in my 5.5" square envelopes) and layered with pink subtly patterned paper (Prima). Some stippling with pink and green on one of the cuts, then I popped them both up with foam tape. The green looks really yellow on my screen, but it IS green in real life.

Inside, I used another piece of patterned paper from the same stack, and a 4" white square. To form the gift card holder section, I used my "Rolodex" die (picked it up from the Stampin' Up Clearance Rack Blitz recently). Fun!  I embossed it  with a Sizzix embossing folder and lightly sponged the edges with pink. Then it was attached at the bottom edge, to the white square panel. I wrote on the panel ... A Little Shopping Spree On Me! with a brown fine point marker.


 I thought about adding buttons or brads to hide the little holes at the bottom, but decided that it was more fun to leave them exposed -- otherwise the piece is just a rectangle with rounded corners! I left an unadorned one in the photo to give you a better look in case you haven't seen this die before.

Both scallop punches were on the same Stampin' Up Clearance Rack order.  :-)))  The glass embellishment is from my stash.



So, CAS on the outside, somewhat fancier on the inside.  And I got it done in time for the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. thats looking great with the word on it
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the super-sized word on the front of your card Karen and the way you've popped up the coloured letters onto the plain. Brilliant! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog earlier - much appreciated :) I love the pastel colours you've used and what a great font!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't I think of the Cricut machine!!! I have that cartridge too.
    Brilliant card, love how you raised the word up for extra wow factor :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a while to work out your word Karen, at first glance I thought the N was a Z and it threw me slightly. It's a terrific card however, I love the dimension!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas make great cards! Lovely take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chrissie -- I added the word ENJOY to my description to make it easier for others to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen