Friday 13 January 2012

Snow Bird Card

The wedding plans are really coming along, and I hope to finish up the invitations today. While the (simple) hand made invitations are really a formality, they are still important to all of us so we are going ahead with them. Everyone on the guest list has been contacted by telephone, a handful by email, and only a few have previous plans for that day. With any luck, our daughter will find her wedding dress at the (very conveniently timed) Bridal Fair this weekend, but in a pinch she could wear my dress as it fits her beautifully.

Today, for my Fancy Card Friday - I have the card I sent to Sue for January 1st.  (For my new followers, Sue lives in a different city than I do, and the first of each month we pop something in the mail to each other.)

I wanted to make a shaped card, and use this sweet bird die so came up with the 'Snow Bird' idea"


LOL - the card isn't as tiny as it looks in the above photo. The envelope is 5.5" square, and the card fits easily in it but not a ton of room to spare. The snowflake is a Sizzix die and it a little too big to fit on an A2 card, so that will give you an idea of the size.






Dies, crumpled tissue paper, stamps, glitter, Nestabilities, buttons, embossing folders, inks, satin ribbon and foam tape all played a part in coming up with this. It was a blast to make, and I'm so glad I had it finished and in the mail before the wedding date was announced!

Thanks for stopping by today - have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! Love your creation!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen.
    Good luck with all the wedding plans and hope you and your daughter have fun at the bridal fair. Can't wait to see your makes.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen