Monday 9 January 2012

Chipboard Deer Birthday Card

Pinterest.

Love.

What a Beautiful, Inspiring, Fun and Interesting way to WASTE TIME ON THE COMPUTER.

I received my invitation to the site before the holidays, but didn't have time to even look at it. Then I couldn't figure out how to pin things onto my own boards. Ha! I have it figured out now and I'm making up for lost time. I don't think I would have gotten off the computer last night, had I not been falling asleep sitting up. Crazyness.  It's wonderful.

Our soon to be Son-In-Law's birthday is coming up, so today's Masculine Card Monday share is his birthday card.


The challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays (CFC34), is to use CHIPBOARD on your Clean And Simple card. I had this deer in my Christmas chipboard pack and thought it would make a great embellishment for a man that enjoys a break from his urban life to be in the mountains.


The pictures look yellowish, because the card base (5x7) really is yellowish.  The top layer is Antique Linen (PTI), punched with the ticket corner (Stampin' Up) and edges inked. The words (Hero Arts) are copper embossed and then a piece of twine was added to up the masculine factor.


The patterned paper panel is by the same line (Northcountry)  and is added to another piece of Antique Linen with a torn bottom edge. The pattern on the deer is the same as the patterned paper, on a smaller scale.

Here is a look at the inside, and you can see all the layers of foam tape on the front of the card. I love my foam tape!


Now, I'm sure I can squeeze in a few more minutes on Pinterest before I have to take the dogs for their walk.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. you made a wonderful card! The animal in front- the colour- very masculine card!

    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The deer image is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen, what a lovely masculine card!! A simple and clean look, but yet elegant.. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab chipboard piece! Such a great masculine card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for a winter birthday! Love the rich earth tone colors. The inside looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous piece of chipboard - love that it all matches. Agreed on Pinterest. So glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen