Thursday 26 January 2012

Butterfly Aperture Card

Here is the challenge this week at the Less Is More challenge blog: 
Onto this week and it's theme time, we have chosen

"Cut it Out"

For this we would like to see some kind of hole or aperture in your card!


Hmmm.

Sitting on my stamping area was the pretty white embossed square card, tied with green seam binding. It was a sample I made for our daughters invitations when I thought they were going with green. I LOVE the Stampin' Up colour Pear Pizzazz. Love it.  Anyhow - I decided to use it to make my card for the challenge!


I used a Martha Stewart anywhere punch to punch a butterfly shape out of the folded card, then a scrap of music printed tissue (Tim Holtz) to back the window.



I cut panels of Pear Pizzazz and white textured card stock and mounted them inside the card. 


I stamped a music score inside the card in Momento Bamboo ink, inked the punched out butterfly with the same ink, and added 3 flat stickers  to the center before popping it up with foam tape.

The word stamp is by Gina K.
***EDITED to add, that this card also qualifies for the challenge at Flutter By Wednesday's blog, which is to use embossing on your card as well as a butterfly, angel or fairy.

I'm probably not going to post much in the next couple of days. I'm not getting into my studio hardly at all - I've had this card done since Sunday - because I'm busy with appointments, errands and other things related to the upcoming wedding.

Oh, and VET visits. But I think we have our Brandi girl on the road to recovery now. The vet wanted her off her pain medicine (arthritis) since it was starting to affect her kidneys. She also wanted her on a special food - and I am NOT a fan of the foods that is for sale at veterinarians. However, wanting to do what was best for Brandi we gave it a shot. Not only did Brandi refuse to eat it after the 3rd day, it upset her stomach. Badly.

The pain medicine must be very powerful, as a week off of it and she had deteriorated so much it was like she'd aged 3 years that week. She was wobbly at her back end, and in obvious pain. The new meds were doing nothing to help her and she could barely make it up the stairs. In fact, she couldn't make it up in one go, she needed to stop and regroup before she could continue the rest of the way up.

Tuesday, the vet agreed that she needed to go back on the Metacam, at a much smaller dosage, and we will supplement with another pain med. Today Brandi can go up the stairs without needing to stop, and her wobbles have all but disappeared. 

Now we work on the food issue.  Ahhhh the joys!

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

  1. what a fantastic idea!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly simple
    Fabulous card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Karen this is really a great card - love this simple aperture card, clever way with the music script background and glad your dog i s starting to improve guess they are like us all different hard to know which way to go with them sometimes - thanks for sharing Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply beautiful Karen, I love that fabulous green too!
    Gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, just loving the green and the butterflies...and that scrummmy ribbon too.Sorry about poor Brandi,do hope she is feeling better soon :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant Karen.Love the clean lines,embossing and green and white combo.
    Poor Brandi!I hope she continues to improve.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your aperture card design Karen and agree with you about the fabulous Pear Pizzazz. You should try Lucky Limeade too - I wasn't sure about it at first but I love it too bits! Thank goodness you've got Brandi on the road to recovery. It's such a worry when our pets are ill.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen