Sunday 8 January 2012

Christmas Card Challenge 2012 - January Cards

Once again I signed up to make 5 Christmas cards a month for the Christmas Card Challenge 2012 at Splitcoast.  Here are my 5 cards for this month.


The background paper panels are very sparkly - sorry for the bad lighting with an early morning photo. But the sparkle is SO pretty!


The trees themselves are cut out of a really heavy green pearlized card stock - and they shimmer and shine when the card is turned.




The sweet little label die is by Verve, and the word stamp is by Stampin' Up .  I tried drizzling glue onto two of the trees, and covering with Martha Stewart glitter. I don't really like the effect, so won't be doing more of them. But they are OK for these two cards.


Finally, a big sparkly snowman to finish off my 5th card.  The die is by Sizzix and it comes as a set with the die and a swirly embossing folder in the snowman shape. I didn't use the folder for this guy though, since the paper itself is sparkly and was so heavy it would probably just crack if I embossed it.


He was cut from heavy REALLY sparkly white card stock, and then I stamped a Peachy Keen snowman face with Momento black ink. Colour added with Copics. I cut just his hat from black card stock and wrapped it with bakers twine (SU) before attaching, and then added little brass embellishments with brads to resemble buttons. The branch is a (fabulous) Memory Box die from Impress.   Background paper by Prima, and the finished card is 5 x 6.5".

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen