Monday 5 December 2016

Blue & Silver Glittered Christmas Card.

Good morning friends

I have a super glittery card to share today. Not sure I like it, but since it's finished I'm sure I will find someone to send it to that I think will enjoy it.

First of all, I'm using the Papertrey Ink Snow Drifts cover plate that I've had since it first came out and barely used. Once it arrived, I couldn't figure out what to do with it! For this card, I had a brilliant idea to cut it out of card stock backed adhesive sheets and use ECD's Silk Microfine Glitter on the pieces. It looks so dull in the photo, but the entire card is GLITTERY!


I embossed the top with a falling snow embossing folder, and added a silver and rhinestone snowflake.


Here is a peek at the inside. Again, the colours in the photo are WAY off - the blue on the card front matches the shade of the card base much better in real life.


Ahh well. This was something I really wanted to try and now I can say I have. AND I used an older die from my stash, so that makes it a success. I am determined to use this Snow Drifts cover plate until I've created a couple of cards that make me happy and I posted those earlier this week. Now I have other ideas too!

Note:  I have decided to move my cards and paper crafting to Painted Mountain Cards in the New Year. I've been toying around with the idea for a long while, and this seems like a good time to make the change. I will leave this blog open, as there are still a lot of hits from Pinterest and over 5 years worth of cards etc to reference.

Supplies:
Silk Microfine Glitter  (625 Sky, 6003 Silver) - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Silver Glitter Dogs - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Clear Double Sided Adhesive in 6" and 1/2" width's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Hawaiian Shores card stock - Papertrey Ink
Cover plate - Papertrey Ink
Stamps - MFT Stamps
Bing - loose from my stash, possibly Stampin' Up
Dotted Scalloped Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - standard A2

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen