Wednesday 24 February 2016

Maui Accordion Birthday Card

Hello friends

Instead of cramming a Zentangle tile at the end of random card posts, I have started a new blog called Altered Zen. If you are interested in m Zentangle journey, you can view my art there.

Today's share is a birthday card for a friend. A friend who says all the time, that Maui is her happy place. Hubby & I went to Hawaii last month, and met up with these friends in Maui for a couple of days. While the hubbies golfed, she and I enjoyed her resort - which just happened to be having a bazaar type sale along the ocean.

She bought a tee shirt with the 'Maui is my Happy Place' logo on it, and the fellow gave us each a sticker with the same saying. Ha, I knew immediately I would use it for her birthday card. This hobby allows us to create personalized cards, so while this is an odd card for most people I know she is going to LOVE it.

I used the Accordion Rectangle and Palm Tree & Pail sets by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. The trees and card bases were stencilled with one of Karen B's new Stage it Stencils as well. Below is the card closed and ready to put in the envelope.


And here it is open! I stamped some flowers and fussy cut them for a pop of colour.




 While we were in Hawaii, I found this little pad of Sticky Notes, so they went into the envelope as well.



Supplies:
Blue card stock - Stampin' Up
Accordion Rectangle, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Swirly Flourish Stage it Stencil - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Sticker - Maui
Birthday word stamps - Stampin' Up (two different sets)
Copic markers
Flourished Gift Frame (rectangle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Coloured pencils - Tri Tone, Koh I Noor
Banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Palm Tree and Pail, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Kraft card stock
White card stock
Green card stock
Flowers - Stampin' Up (fussy cut)
Stickles


Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. fabulous card, love the palm trees on the side of the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is so fabtastic!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen