Thursday 23 January 2014

Sparkly Heart Valentine Pivot Card

Good morning friends!

Well I finally did it - I made a Pop it Ups Valentine with Karen Burniston's new Heart Pivot die. I have tried to show you that the heart is good for more than just Valentine and Anniversary cards, but of course they work great for those occasions too!


Remember when you make a Pivot card the design on the inside of the card shows on the outside when the card is closed and the hearts pivot to the front & back.

I attached a strip of patterned paper down the right side of the front before cutting it.


I die cut the layered hearts using the Decorator Dies that come with the Heart Pivot - and penned the words on one of the Decorator Dies from the Lucy Label Pop Up die. I also outlined some of the layers with my Sakura gel pen for even more shimmer and shine.  :-) The card is 5-1/2" square.


I penned 'Happy Valentine's Day' on the Lucy Label Pop Up itself, snipping off the extra pieces and leaving me with this pretty label shape.



Here is a view from the top ...


I cut a 2" strip of patterned paper, scored it at 1" and attached it down the spine of the card. This is completely unnecessary, but sometimes I like the look. I fussy cut some of the sparkly hearts from paper scraps and attached them as the card decorations. Even with the foam tape, this card is completely mail friendly.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - K&Co
Heart Pivot - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Labels - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Bakers twine
Sakura gel pen 
Heart embellishments fussy cut from scrap of the patterned paper.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. nice card for Valentines day!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for Valentines. So bright and alive. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous Heart pivot ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your sparkly Valentine's card. Your penmanship is much prettier than a stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen