Thursday 30 January 2014

I Love You, an Anniversary Card

Good morning friends!

Today's share is an Anniversary card, made with the Heart Pivot Pop it Ups die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


The Heart Pivot die comes with several decorator dies, including the key hole and key dies. I used the keyhole here to represent the letter "I", and added a die cut sparkly 'U". The love word was stamped across the cream heart and I added some touches with a gold Sharpie marker.


One of my favourite ways to use the Agatha Edge dies, is to cut a fancy edge on the front of the card. When you use double sided paper, the inside pattern shows through when the card is closed for a nice detail.  The scroll die comes with the two Agatha Edges, so I cut it and added it to the inside along the fancy cut edge.


You can see that I also outlined the cream hearts with my Sakura gel pen for a little more shimmer and shine. The key was also cut out of sparkly paper. I love this key ... the shape, the size - everything about it.  I cut through both layers of the right pivoting heart with one of the other heart decorator dies that come with the set, and I like the 'window' look this gives.


I also added some Glitter Dots a pretty heart Peel-Off ... you will notice that I'm using Peel-Off's (Elizabeth Craft Designs) more and more on my cards - they are just so versatile! A really nice way to add a little somethin' somethin' ...


I also added two narrow strips of patterned paper on either side of the inner spine, to bring in some of the pattern & colour from the outside of the card.





As decorated as this card is, it is completely mail friendly! You know I love THAT in a card.


Supplies used:
775 Heart Pivot - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
782 Agatha Edges - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
774 Fancy Label Accordion, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Love stamp - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Gold heart peel off - 490 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold glitter dots - 7018 Elizabeth Craft Designs
'u' die - Papertrey Ink
Glimmer Paper - Stampin' Up
Gold marker - Sharpie




Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. Love how you used the keyhole as the 'I' on this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make the loveliest cards! What a great use of the keyhole as the "I" in your greeting. Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEly card, as usual. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me just start by saying there's nothing about this card that I don't like. Very clever use of the keyhole for the "I", glittery key, wonderful edge, heart peel off sticker, cut out heart on the pivot portion & use of a gold Sharpie - I have so got to try that. Wonderful card Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me start by saying that there's nothing about this card that I don't like. Very clever use of the keyhole as the "I", sparkly key, gold peel off heart sticker, heart cut out on the pivot portion & using a gold Sharpie - I have so got to try that. Wonderful card Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty!
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen