Friday 10 January 2014

Birthday Owl Flip It Cards

Good morning friends - it's Flip-It Friday here on my blog and I have two owl birthday cards to share today which are going to Seniors Secret Service.


I love this owl stamp - it just makes me smile. For these cards I stamped it on patterned paper, added some subtle shading with pencils and markers and fussy cut it out. The words from the same stamp set fit perfectly on the banner die ... which is another favourite of mine.


I cut the Circle Flip It four times ... twice from white card stock, once from striped patterned paper and once from orange plaid patterned paper. The patterned paper ones were trimmed apart and layered onto the white card bases.




I added a die cut border to one of them and a strip of patterned paper on the second.  I love how cheerful these colours are and I think the seniors will enjoy them.



I like to add a punched label inside the Flip-It cards as a place to add a signature - it is hidden when the card is closed and you see it when the card flips open.


(Remember you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it, Pop N Cut and Accordion Flip cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

Supplies used:
Patterned Paper - Colorbok
Fishtail banner die - Banner & Borders set, Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
White card stock - Staples
Circle Flip-It die - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Birthday word die set - Papertrey Ink
Owl stamp and owl themed words - The Stamps Of Life (owls2love)
Border die - The Stamps Of Life
Punched Label - Stampin' Up
Coloured pencils
White gel pen
Circle dies - Spellbinders 
Small star stamp - Papertrey Ink

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen