Wednesday 8 January 2014

'Happy By The Pool' Pop 'n Cut Card


Good morning friends.  I have a fun card to share today, one I sent to a fellow Pop 'n Cut lover. When I do my Pop 'n Cuts, I usually keep the outsides fairly simple. This one has a couple of patterned papers, a stamped and fussy cut word balloon and I penned 'across the miles' along the bottom edge.



This is another card where I had to get pretty creative. I made it when we were in Arizona in November, and while I did have some stamps and ink pads with me that trip I didn't have the ones I wanted to use when I was making this one. So ... I made do with pencil crayons, sponged hills/sky/sun, and I actually inked one of Karen Burniston's embossing folders and pressed it into the 'pool' area for some texture.  I wanted the card to reflect me sitting by the pool in the desert ... but of course I didn't have a single cactus stamp with me. Sheesh.


Just look at how great that Pop 'n Cut chair insert is!  I used the A2 base and white card stock, keeping it flat until the decorating was done.  Then I ran the die through the Big Shot again with red wood grain printed paper just on the chair area.  A little trimming, some adhesive on the back and the red chair slipped right over the white one that cut with the card inside.


Yipee-Skippee ... that's exactly how I feel when I can be sitting in the Arizona warmth and not freezing or driving on icy roads. Sorry it's a little blurry - the 3-d dog sticker is really cute in real life. My friend is a dog lover, and I knew she'd get a kick out of the dog siting in the chair.


I used Karen Burniston's Flagpole die and attached the hand cut fish tail banner to the back of the chair.


Here is a better look at the pool texture.  Grin.  The border was made with a tiny stamp in one of my MFT stamp sets ... repeated on a curve helped it resemble the tiled edge of a pool.


(Remember you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it, Pop N Cut and Accordion Flip cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.)


Supplies used:
A2 Pop 'n Cut base die with the Chair insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
White card stock - Staples
Patterned paper - Doodlebut
Word stamps - Stampin' Up
Embossing folder - Textured Impressions Sassy and Circle Label set -Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Dog sticker - The Paper Studio
Flagpole die - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Hello stamp - Lawn Fawn

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. so cute!!!!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, This is so adorable, and I like the use of all of your different techniques. You certainly think of different ways to use what you have on hand. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just found your site, and I'm really blown away! I love the way you made the background, even tho you didn't have any cactus stamps ;-). You are very creative, and you have a wonderful eye. I'll certainly be back for more of your work.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute. love the dog sitting on the chair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen