Wednesday 29 January 2014

Owl and Dog Valentine Cards

Here are the cards I made for my parents to give the Great Grand-Kids ... they both love dogs, and Ethan has started saying 'PUPPY!!!!' so the dog one is for him.  :-)


The cards are 5 x 7", I added doodled borders and chalked outside the edges. I love these 'critter' dies, so it was fun to pull them out again.


All the 3-d chipboard stickers I'm using on my Valentine's this year were in the SAME PACKAGE! There are two remaining to either use this year or save for next Valentine's. Not bad, considering I also got the package on sale. 


Both the charcoal for the eyes and the red for the hearts are Stardream ... a heavyweight pearlized card stock.


The yellow pieces were in my scrap bin ...


Both cards got some hand lettering, doodled borders and some stamping with a heart background stamp.


Because the cards are nice and big, Mom is going to bring them to the Care Facility and have Dad 'sign' them too. We thought it would help him feel like he's still included in family things.

Supplies used:
5x7 peach card stock - from my stash
Owl die - Sizzix
Puppy die - Sizzix
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
3-d Chipboard stickers - Pebbles
Chalks
Copics
Red and Charcoal Stardream card stock
Heart background stamp - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. You can write on any of my crds, perfectly penned again Karen. That's a wonderful idea for your Dad to sign them too. Your grand kids will love their cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. Made me want to dust my dies off again :)

    Cazx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen