Tuesday 5 February 2013

Matchbox Birthday $$ Holder

Yesterday I shared the card I made for our Son In Law's birthday ... and today I will share the little box I made to hold his gift. I kicked myself for not getting the Stampin' Up Matchbox Die when it was available. I know I can cut one on my Cricut, but the sizing is off just a little, making the bottom too loose. Yes I can fiddle with the sizing but there was just something about the Stampin' Up die.

Imagine how happy I was when it made an appearance on the Clearance Rack! I immediately placed my order and am now the happy owner of the Matchbox Die!!


 I cut the box portion from white card stock and the top wrapper from a hunter green embossed piece. All the stamping was coloured loosely with Copic markers.


I even added a stamped/coloured panel to the inside of the box. The $$ barely fits ... I ended up rolling it up and angling it corner to corner. Such a unique presentation, and I know he won't have seen it before.


Oh, there are just SO many possibilities for this matchbox and it goes together in a snap. Happy Happy Happy!

Thanks for stopping by today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen