Thursday 1 August 2013

Sweet Owl Love Notes

Oh how I love owl images these days.  When I was choosing my stamps from The Stamps Of Life, one of the six sets was owls2love.  Stephanie's owls are just SO cute.

I made 'Love Notes' for our Grandkids using one of the owls in the set ... one for Olivia,


and one for Ethan...


The papers are by Echo Park, I found them on clearance at our local scrapbook store back in June. Or should I say The Day Before The Flooding Started In Southern Alberta.  Both owls were stamped on patterned paper from the pads and fussy cut.

Olivia's owl has stamped eyelashes and paper pieced wings.   I cut a strip of paper that included the 'You Are Loved' sentiment, matted it on green then attached it to the rainbow patterned panel.


Ethan's owl was coloured with copic markers, and I cut border strips from one sheet then attached them to the yellow patterned panel. 


The stamped "owl always love you" is one of the owl related word stamps in the owls2love set.  :-)


I wanted to send both Love Notes in a single envelope, so made them post-card style. I'll write a note to each of the kids on the back of the panels. 


I stamped another owl from the set on the envelope front, and lines + a bracket image from the lines2journal set. I'm sure getting a lot of use out of that set!


Thanks for stopping by today!



1 comment:

  1. you created so nice cards
    Hello from Elma

    I go in holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen