Thursday 8 August 2013

Floral Dog Cards

You know I like making cards to have on hand, and I love my Sizzix dies.  Today's share combines the two - that ADORABLE puppy dog Sizzix die and cheery papers.  I made two identical 5.5 x 6" cards:


I thought they turned out so cute - just as they are! But the intent was to decorate them a little more when I go to send the card.


You can see the sparkly embossed background a bit better in this photo:


My mom wanted a card for a dog-loving friend's birthday, so this is how I dressed up one of the above cards: 



I added a stamped and die cut banner (also Sizzix), a Stampin' Up stamped and punched pennant to make the party hat, and the bone that cuts with the Sizzix Scottie Dog die. Actually, I cut the bone twice - once from a chipboard coaster and once from white card stock then glued them together. It makes such a nice sturdy embellishment that way!


Mom's friend is going to get such a kick out of this card!

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen