Saturday 24 August 2013

Flip-It Card with extra flap!

I got on a bit of a roll yesterday, after taking an apparent stray kitten to the Humane Society. This absolutely beautiful calico kitten had been hanging around for the past week or so - Thursday the neighbors tried to catch it to take her in but she escaped.

Yesterday she was in our dog run and our three dogs - who were inside looking out the window - were NOT amused. The kitten was completely unconcerned. I brought her out some water, but she just wanted me to pet her. I tried explaining that I was not a cat person, but true to cat form she ignored me and kept showing me how beautiful she was so I would pet her. Too funny.  She was quite thin, but I didn't have any cat food.

The neighbor helped me pop her into Jasper's crate in my vehicle and off we went. Thankfully she had a microchip so we hope she will be reunited with her owners quickly. Which makes me think I should be having our dogs scanned the next time we go to the vet to see what information comes up!


Anyhow, I started making a bunch of Flip-It cards with the Sizzix Flip-It die for Christmas and just had to try this idea out. It worked like a charm!  I cut the red patterned paper 10" wide, and 5.5" high.  I scored 3" from the right side, folded the flap and lined up the fold just inside the right side of the die. Everything else cut with the die except this folded edge which is exactly what I wanted.


I added a strip of the red patterned paper to the folded flap, since the paper is white on the back side.  Then I cut a 4" wide panel of white card stock and scored it down the center at 2". I punched two snowflakes to tie in with the pattern, then attached it inside the fold. This gives me a nice place to pen a note and signature and it doesn't show when the card is closed.  I rounded the 4 corners with a punch.

Edited to note:  Next time I will cut a 3" wide decorative panel and attach it to the flap before running everything through the Big Shot. That will eliminate that white edge I have showing since I didn't want to cover up the curve for the circle to flip into.


I am so pleased with how this turned out, and will use the idea again when I have a longer note to add inside a Flip-It card. 

Here is a peek at the snowflake ornament embellishment.


(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen