Sunday 8 April 2012

A New Puppy! Card

Happy Easter, to those of you who are celebrating today. I do have one more Easter card to share, but it was in the envelope I sent to Sue for our April First exchange and I don't know if she has had a chance to open it yet. I don't want to spoil it by posting before she opens her envy, so I will post it later this week.

Our daughter and new hubby got a puppy, and I wanted to send them a card to welcome Tika into the family.  Tika is almost jet black - which didn't lend itself to much creative colouring. But when you have a stamp that has this much character, you don't need to do much to it. I think this was the first stamp I put in my basket at the 'Stamps By Judith' Booth (Mesa Rubber Stamp Show). 


It's a large stamp - this is a 5x7" card!  I used mostly chalks with some shadows added with pencil crayons, and some dog themed paper from my stash. The little heart is a peg stamp from the same booth.


I could not resist adding Crystal Effects to the nose, since the card itself was so basic.  The gems on her collar were dotted with my Sakura gel pen for a tiny bit of shimmer & shine.

You will be seeing more of this image for sure - I just get SUCH a kick out of it.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. so sweet ! Happy Easter wishes from
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen