Tuesday 17 April 2012

Flowers & Butterflies Sketch Card

There is a new sketch at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog and I had a chance to play along this week.  I couldn't get inspired by the sketch as it was, but when I rotated it I immediately saw lots of possibilities!








I turned the sketch on it's side, opted to use 4 of the same image instead of 5 and substituted a 3D flower sticker instead of the 5th butterfly.  



I used both a Martha Stewart punch and a Stampin' Up Embosslet die for the butterflies, and added glitter glue to their centers to echo the glitter on the flower sticker.  The papers used, and the 3D sticker are by K&Co.

I wanted to decorate the inside a little too:


I intentionally left the sentiment off the outside, and will add the appropriate words/verse inside when I go to send the card. Meanwhile, it's into my stash with this one!

Thanks for stopping by today.


4 comments:

  1. love this card
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Karen! I love those soft colours and the way you've taken the design inside the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning the sketch was a great idea, such a pretty card inside and out :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen