Monday 9 April 2012

Another 'Prickles' Birthday Card

Here is another card using that C*U*T*E stamp, Prickles (Stamps by Judith).


This is a 5.25" square kraft card, and because of the colours used I'm adding it to my Masculine Card Monday lineup. 


Prickles was coloured in with pencils and mineral spirits, and I added a little Crystal Effects on his nose. I love that look on these cute critters!  After colouring, I used a Nestability die to cut it out and a 2nd, larger panel was cut out of patterned paper (Prima).

A square panel of kraft card stock was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, inked and added to a narrow confetti panel then everything was attached to the front of the card. I think Prickles' expression lends itself well to the words inside.  ;-)

I added a confetti white panel inside the card, stamped with a (Fiskars) image and some more dots.

I still really (REALLY) want to do Prickles holding a bouquet of flowers, sitting in a basket, sitting ON a flower pot or ??, and I have other ideas as well.  LOL - more ideas than time, I'm afraid.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. what a funny motiv- love the card

    hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's rather cute and I love the searching question inside the card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen