Friday 5 June 2015

You Make My Tail Wag

Good morning friends

I was flipping through a new paper stack and saw this heart & arrow print. I knew immediately it would make a perfect Valentine card ... and it did. Two, in fact!

These cards were quick and easy, using the Spiral Circle Pull Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


The tuck slots keep the card in the closed position until the recipient pulls it open. Ha - the sentiment just cracks me up.


I used my MISTI to easily stamp the dogs on the die cut, coloured them in with Copics and mounted them to the front circle with an Action Wobble.

Now, let me rant for a few minutes. I used to love Action Wobbles. The original ones. I ordered some from Amazon as I was running low but these are NOT Wobbles. They are more like springs. The dog wiggles a little only when he is tapped with your finger, but he does NOT wobble or bob. They also have a piece that protrudes off the front, so you almost have to add a circle of card stock to the back of your embellishment to keep it from poking through. So disappointing.

I checked the packaging.  Made in China. Ah Hah. Went back online and bought some from Hampton Art ... the AWI brand. Which are the original. While these ones aren't as rigid as the 'made in China' ones, they are nowhere near as fun as the older ones are. I'm assuming they are now outsourcing because the quality is just not there. I will use these up but I sure won't be buying more. The whole idea of an Action Wobble is that it WOBBLES. Bah.  Rant over.



Since our family consists of dog lovers, I can give these to pretty much anyone in the family next Valentine's Day! Ha - I don't mean to work ahead like that - the paper made me do it.

Supplies:
Spiral Circle Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Dog stamps and dies - My Favorite Things
White card stock
Patterned paper - Amy Tangerine (American Crats)
Copics
Action Wobbles - AWI, Hampton Art
MISTI
Card size - standard A2


Thanks for stopping by today



3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen