Sunday 1 March 2015

Penguin Christmas Card

Good morning friends

I like to work on Christmas cards all year long. It saves some of the rush and feelings of panic when the holidays come around, as I usually have my cards all made by then.

Here is the front of today's card, made using a scrap piece of patterned paper in the stash. The white holly leaves are shiny and embossed - so pretty!


Inside is a Pop Up, made using the Lucy Label Pop Up die and a sparkly stamped penguin. Those little snowflakes come with the Spiral Circle Pull Card, another Pop it Ups die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I love the size and shape of them, and they also got the Glitter Dot treatment.



The Penguin was stamped, then covered with a piece of the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape. I poured on the Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polished it in with my fingers. After he was fussy cut, I added some colour with Copics. The smallest Glitter dots worked perfectly for eyes and the pom-pom on the hat.


Into my Christmas Card stash with this one!

Supplies:
779 Lucy Label Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
916 Spiral Circle Pull Card (Snowflakes), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter- Elizabeth Craft Designs
7018 Glitter Dots in Black, Red, and Transparent Silver - Elizabeth Craft Designs
502 Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheets
White card stock
Red card stock
Patterned paper - sei
Word stamp - Hero Arts
Penguin stamp - Stampin' Up
Copic markers
Card size - A2


Thanks for stopping by today



1 comment:

  1. Christmas? Nice card- but I need spring!
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen