Saturday 12 May 2012

Teddy Bear Birthday Card

This is the card I made for our Granddaughter,  who is turning one this month. I wanted to do something special and this (large) sweet teddy bear stamp came to mind right away. I've had  it for around 20 years!


Since we will be going to her birthday party, I was able to make this a large card - 6" square using pink Bazzill card stock as the base.



I stamped the bear (PSX) twice on the same pink Bazzill and once on the center of the white center panel. The first bear was fussy cut and popped up over the stamped white bear. I added colour with pencils and odourless mineral spirits and used Glossy Accents on her eyes and nose.


After colouring the 2nd bear, I coloured and fussy cut the head (that sounds awful!), then popped it up with even more foam tape and added a sheer ribbon bow. It still needed something, so I cut a number 1 (PTI die) 3 times out of a scrap of pink Bazzill, glued them together to make them 'chipboard' like, and coloured the top one with a Sakura gel pen. So sweet - I love this bear stamp.


The plaid paper is by Prima, and I cut a doily out of white card stock with a MFT die. the scallop border on the front is also a MFT die. I inked the edges of the doily with pink ink and stamped the birthday words (SU) with a different pink ink.

Lots of foam tape used on this card and with the ribbon bow and chipboard 'one' this would never make it through the mail unless it was in a bubble envelope and would probably have to go as a parcel!

I am happy with how this turned out and look forward to watching her play with the bear when she opens the card at her party.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. oh is this sweet!!!!!!!!
    Love it
    Nice weekend from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to stamp and shade coloured bazzill card, I love the effect tho :0) love the way the teddy is holding the number one.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen