Sunday 27 January 2013

Seize The Birthday Challenge 3

I am going to need quite a few birthday cards in the next little while, so I am so happy about the Seize The Birthday challenge blog.  Here is this weeks' sketch - we are to use it and make a feminine birthday card. 


Last week I used their sketch to make our Grandson a birthday card for my parents to give him. This week I used the same paper stack and made a birthday card for them to give our Granddaughter!


The elephant was cut out of patterned paper, then glued to a piece of card stock before fussy cutting out. That gave the piece enough stability to be added with foam tape.  Before attaching it though, I outlined it with my Sakura gel pen for a touch of bling. Every two year old should have a little bling on her birthday.  :-)


I used another piece of the patterned paper for the inside of the card, and hand wrote that sentiment with a pink pen. The little envelope decoration was also trimmed from a piece of the patterned paper in the stack. I'm really like the 'kraft with pink' colour combination in this paper stack!


And for some exciting news ... the Zebra card (See THIS post) that I submitted for last week's challenge was selected by the design team for an honourable mention!  Woot Woot! 


Pretty exciting stuff! Enough to swell my head, ha ha.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful card for a little girl
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant is so cute and I love how you have blinged it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh your granddaughter is sure to love this super duper cute card :)
    So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen