Monday 7 January 2013

Penguin Christmas Card

I am hoping to play along more with the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge blog this year, and took some time this morning to check out this week's challenge.

This week is a sketch challenge:


I knew immediately that I wanted to use this adorable penguin stamp from 'Stamps By Judith'. It's been awhile since any of my 'Stamps By Judith' images have seen ink so it was time. I stamped the penguin on white card stock, added colour with pencils and markers, then stamped the heart (also 'Stamps By Judith).

I fussy cut the penguin and popped it up on a panel of patterned paper. All the patterned paper is from a 12x12" scrapbooking kit so everything coordinates. Well, everything except the blue chalk I added around the outside of the penguin on the envelope corner. :-) But I didn't have that shade of dark blue in chalk.



I added red stickles to the heart, and bakers twine to the corners of the panel. The penguin was popped up with foam tape, and so was his snowy panel!


Here is a peek at the inside:


That is a MFT stamp, and while it's hard to see - I stamped a 'Stamps By Judith' dots stamp around the words ... and on the envelope around the penguin.

So! Another Christmas card towards my 2013 card pile.

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is just really wonderful! Love that fussy cut penguin and your attention to all the details including inside and the envelope (sure to add brownie points with Ruth)! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice image! Your cards are alltime so nice1
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute!!! LOVE your penguin and I adore the inside of the envelope--what effort! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! Hope you join us again next time, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your penguin card Karen, the image is delightful and is guaranteed to raise a smile! You've added such lovely details and dimension - and Danielle is right - you get extra brownie points for the inside and envelope! : )

    Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card with us at 52 {C}CT and I really hope to see you playing along with us again very soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this card, the little penguin with his glittery heart, the twine at the corners, the patterned papers and of course the decorated inside and envelope. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen